Take Charge of Your Health Programs
The Take Charge of Your Health program umbrella consists of the Chronic and Diabetes Self-Management evidence-based programs developed by the Stanford Patient Education Research Center and now managed by the Self-Management Resource Center. The programs last 6 to 8 weeks. Participants and facilitators meet weekly for two and half hours. Workshops are led by facilitators who have professional or personal experience with ongoing health conditions.
Major objectives for Take Charge of Your Health Programs include:
- Find out how healthy eating can improve your condition
- Create an exercise program that works for you
- Learn ways to improve communication with your family, friends, and healthcare providers
- Develop your own weekly goals to help you manage your condition
- Learn problem-solving strategies to help cope with pain, fatigue and frustration
- Gain support and encouragement from others living with ongoing health conditions
Take Charge of your health: Live well, be well
The program is 6 weeks with each session lasting for 2.5 hours. It provides information and self-management skills for people living with any ongoing health conditions and their caregivers.
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR Diabetes
The program is 6 weeks with each session lasting for 2.5 hours. The workshop provides information and self-management skills for people with diabetes and their caregivers.
Tomando Control de su salud
Tomando is a culturally adapted version of the Take Charge of Your Health in Spanish for anyone with ongoing health conditions and their caregivers.
Tomando control de su diabetes
Culturally adapted version of the Take Charge of Your Diabetes in Spanish for anyone living with diabetes and their caregivers.